How does the budget and other player constraints look like ?
- Teams are also required to spend at-least 60 crores of their 80 crore team budget.
- This includes the retentions as well which followed a pre-defined purse deduction of 12.5 Cr when retaining 1 player, 21 Cr (12.5 + 8.5) for 2 players and 33 Cr (15 + 11 + 7) for 3 players.
- Uncapped Indian players can be retained at fixed price of 3 Cr.
What are the retention & RTM (Right to Match) rules like ?
- A team can use upto maximum of either 3 retentions or 3 RTMs.
- So, though RR & KXIP who have retained only 1 player, they can only use RTM on maximum of 3 other players.
- Also teams can only retain or use RTM for maximum of 3 capped Indian players, 2 foreign players and 2 uncapped players. None of the individual limits can be breached.
How do the teams look like ?
- KXIP & RR are the front runners with the maximum budget and a chance to spin off a fresh team.
- KKR & SRH, the most analytical of all teams have smart retentions and reasonable budget to play around with.
- CSK, DD, MI & RCB have comparatively smaller budgets to spend and would be looking for some prudent buys.
It would be interesting to see how the teams go about their strategies with roughly 3 sets of classes around. ProSportsLeague’s research desk aka ThinkQuant will come out with detailed approaches for each of the Teams.